By choosing to foster a pet for a limited time, you are helping a homeless dog or cat have a chance to survive. It is a wonderful gift to bring a pet into your home and give him or her love, care, and attention until he or she can be adopted by forever parents or for a specified time that you and Rez Dawg Rescue determine.
To help you decide whether fostering is right for you, here are some frequently asked questions and answers.
Can foster parents adopt their foster pets?
Absolutely. As long as foster parents meet the Rez Dawg adoption requirements , foster parents typically have the first choice to adopt their foster pets.
What does it cost to foster?
RezDawg Rescue will provide food and litter, and will pay for medical expenses associated with fostering. If you choose to purchase your own supplies for your foster pet, you can get a tax deduction.
How do I foster a pet?
In order to foster a pet you must
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Have identification showing your present address.
- Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord.
- Be able and willing to spend the time necessary to provide training, and transport to both vetting and potential adoptions when appropriate.
- Complete the Foster Application online or Download Foster Application which can be emailed to RezDawg Rescue
Sign up for our Foster Mailing List to get fostering updates and information.